Attending Meditation at The Movement Center
Once you park in our public parking lot, walk in through the gates, through our residential parking lot, and follow the signs to our Program Entrance which will take you to our reception area and lobby. From there you will have access to the heart of our ashram: the meditation hall.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the program begins so you have enough time to situate yourself, go to the restroom if needed, and settle yourself before the program begins.
- Leave shoes, drinks/food in the lobby area and silence your mobile device. Any phone that rings in the lobby can be heard in the meditation hall, so please don't skip this step.
- You are welcome to bring your own meditation cushion or use one of ours. We have a variety of sizes and styles of cushions available. We also have folding chairs in the hall if you prefer a chair.
- We have group meditations on Mondays and Wednesdays (except for holidays), in which there is a guided closed eye meditation. All are welcome at those programs regardless of experience. Our more advanced practice, eyes open meditation, is held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Before attending the eyes open meditation, you must attend an orientation session to learn about the meditation technique we practice. Call the office to make an appointment for the orientation. 503.231.0383.
- Please be considerate of our neighbors by parking in our parking lot. Details on how to get there can be found here: TMC Directions & Parking Guide
- All our meditation programs are offered free of charge, and we rely on donations to continue to maintain our space and provide our services. The suggested donation is $5-$10 per meditation session. All donations are appreciated and may be left in the Donation Box in the lobby.
- If you prefer to donate by credit card or to set up a monthly recurring payment, you can do that using our online donation form, which accommodates pledges as well as one time donations.