Enlightened perspectives on change, loss, grief and caregiving
Ramananda John E. Welshons, MA
This afternoon workshop is for individuals who are working with sadness, loss, grief, and disappointment - including those who are caregivers. Experience a refreshing new perspective on what you, your loved ones, and those you care for are going through - and a hopeful, positive outlook on your life and the lives of those you serve.
Our Time Together Will Include the Following:
- Learning to accept that loss and disappointment are inevitable aspects of human life, and how to live peacefully and joyfully with that awareness
- Learning to deal with the difficult feelings that often accompany a loss
- Learning to see our losses differently - to see how losses might offer opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Learning how to deal with the frustrations and challenges of caring for people who are sick, suffering, or dying.
- Learning to structure a more balanced lifestyle that allows regular opportunities to focus on taking care of yourself with diet, exercise, meditation, and contemplative practices
Through an extraordinarily compassionate approach, and a variety of healing meditation practices, participants are able to experience their feelings, and work on them in a way that is truly helpful.
NO ONE WILL BE FORCED TO SPEAK OR SHARE - UNLESS YOU WISH TO. You are free to come and be a participant - or just attend and be an observer.
You will go home feeling refreshed and renewed, with a new sense of love, peace, and compassion for yourself, and your loved ones - including those who have died. You will also take away new methods for continuing the work you embark on at this workshop.
Ramananda John E. Welshons, MA is a highly respected contemporary spiritual teacher who lectures and leads workshops across North America. He has helped people deal with dramatic life change and loss for more than 45 years. He has worked extensively with spiritual luminaries Ram Dass and Stephen Levine and studied with grief expert Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. He is the author of three critically-acclaimed books,Awakening from Grief; When Prayers Aren’t Answered; and One Soul, One Love, One Heart.
His website is: www.onesoulonelove.com
"John is a welcoming, open, safe, and spiritual person who brings his expertise tot he discussion of loss and trauma. He provides a context for understanding the potential gifts and grace that come from life's most difficult moments.
- Peggy O'Donnell MSW, BSN
"I went to John's last workshop about 3 weeks before my husband died. I bought John's book afterwards, and we read it aloud every night until we finished it. We each heard different things in it, as well as all the shared emotions. We did a lot of talking and a lot of crying reading that book, and it was a pretty amazing touchstone in our grieving process. It helped us make sure that there was nothing left unsaid.
I’ll be attending the next workshop. I’m very interested in discovering what I hear this time, as I continue along the path of this difficult journey."
- Alida Thacher