individual Yoga Instruction
Traditionally, people learned yoga through individual instruction, one teacher-one student. We believe that individual instruction is extremely efficient and actually helps a person learn more quickly because they have the opportunity to ask questions and progress in a practice that's specifically tailored and paced for them.
To that end, we offer one-to-one instruction at affordable rates. If you feel your needs are best served by working individually with an instructor, let us know and we'll work with your goals and schedule to help your yoga practice thrive.
Here are a few reasons yoga students have opted for individual instruction:
- wishing for in-depth attention on alignment and adaptations for personal practice
- interest in refining or learning specific poses (for example: headstand or other inversions).
- scheduling - it's difficult to make it to group classes.
- a preference for one-to-one instruction over group classes.
- to learn mantra, pranayama, chanting, and/or how to play the harmonium for chanting
individual yoga for health issues
In yoga, the source of healing is understood to lie within you. We offer individualized practices integrating movement, breath, and awareness tailored to support you in dealing with your health issues and to help restore optimal flow within you.
Some of the health issues we have collaborated with students on include:
- Back pain
- Recovery from strains, sprains, and tears (eg: rotator cuff injury, torn meniscus)
- Reframing the experience of chronic pain to relieve stress and support healing
- Weight issues
- Trauma, anxiety, panic disorder, or depression
- Addiction recovery
- Neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis or Parkinsons
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis or chronic fatigue syndrome
- Cancer or cancer recovery
- Women's hormonal issues
- Cardiopulmonary problems such as hypertension, stroke recovery, or COPD
Appointments for individual instruction
Appointments for individual yoga sessions are available many days and time, including evenings and weekends. Please inquire about prices, and let us know your needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your schedule availability, instructor preference (if any), and a good time to reach you.