MAKING A Pledge
The Movement Center exists to promote the expression of creative energy and the realization of the unlimited potential everyone has. We are the stewards of a powerful lineage and authentic practice. Our center is a spiritual sanctuary, offering meditation programs for hundreds of students each month and a refuge for personal retreat guests throughout the year.
To refine our understanding of spiritual work, we have commissioned scholarly research on the philosophy of Kashmir Shaivism and worked with practitioners and scholars on translations of important philosophical and ritual texts from the Shaiva and Vajrayana traditions. We host Lama Tsering Wangdu Rinpoche, an accomplished Vajrayana practitioner, for several months each year while he shares his practices and teachings.
Our donors and a large group of volunteers makes it possible for us to conduct daily pujas and offerings, maintain our facility and landscaping, cultivate a flourishing organic garden, offer a variety of yoga classes and workshops, and operate a publishing division.
Our service to our local community includes:
- Teaching programs in yoga, meditation and spiritual practice to schools, senior centers, women's shelters and other nonprofits in the area;
- Performing weekly healing practices for those in need of energetic support;
- Providing seva internship positions to make it possible for more students to experience our programs;
- Developing water, energy and food resources that can be shared with our local community;
- Assisting at holiday meals for Potluck in the Park; and
- Hosting weekly 12 Step Meetinsg focusing on meditation.
We invite your support in the form of a monthly pledge or one-time donation. Demonstrate your commitment to practice, your gratitude for what you have received, and your willingness to "pay it forward" so that others can benefit from that connection here for years to come.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and your donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Your support is truly appreciated!